The 3.6m Devasthal Optical Telescope (DOT) Facility is operated and managed by ARIES. The 3.6m DOT Operation, maintenance and up-gradation committee (DOMU), the instrument committee for DOT, the 3.6m DOT Time Allocation Committee (DTAC) act as advisory bodies and guide the Director for smooth functioning.
The composition of DOMU (w.e.f. 20 April 2020) is as follows.
1. Prof. S. Ananthakrishnan, Pune - Chairman
2. Director, ARIES, Nainital - Co-Chairman
3. Prof. Hum Chand, Central University, HP - Member
4. Dr. Maheswar Gopinathan, IIA Bengaluru - Member
5. Dr. Amitesh Omar, - Member
6. Dr. S. B. Pandey, - Member
7. Dr. T. S. Kumar, - Member
8. Dr. Brijesh Kumar - Member-convener
The composition of D-TAC, the DOT Time allocation committee (w.e.f. 01 April 2020) is as follows.
1. Prof. Tushar P. Prabhu, IIA Bengaluru - Chairman
2. Prof. Devendra K. Ojha, TIFR Mumbai - Member
3. Prof. G. C. Anupama, IIA Bengaluru - Member
4. Prof. Nissim Kanekar, TIFR-NCRA, Pune - Member
5. Dr. Brijesh Kumar, ARIES, Nainital - Member
6. Dr. Yogesh C. Joshi - Member-convener
The following committee is responsible for overall management of existing instruments and development of new instruments on 3.6m DOT.
1. Dr. Amitesh Omar, Chairman
2. Dr. Brijesh Kumar, Member
3. Dr. S. B. Pandey, Member
4. Dr. J. C. Pandey, Member
5. Dr. Neelam Panwar, Member
6. Dr. T. S. Kumar, Member
7. Dr. Saurabh, Member-convener
Astronomer In-charge (A-DOT) is responsible for the overall management of the facility. At present Dr. Brijesh Kumar is A-DOT and Dr. Saurabh is assistant A-DOT. The engineering and technical activities are managed by Dr. T. S. Kumar, in-charge of all the electronics related aspects and Dr. Tarun Bangia as in-charge of all the mechanical and related works.