Visiting Student Program
General Guidelines for Project students
- Students who are willing to do short-term internships or master thesis projects at ARIES with ARIES faculty (Scientists/Engineers) need to apply through the VSPA portal.
- Only bachelor, master, or engineering students should apply for this program.
- They will be allowed to do hands-on research or engineering projects with the Scientists or Engineers as per their qualifications.
- Master students who want to do their thesis project with ARIES faculty for 4-10 months can also be considered. Students from the University/Institute having MoU with ARIES shall be preferred for the thesis projects.
- External PhD students with one of their guides/collaborators at ARIES are also allowed for short-term visits (up to 3 months), preferably from January to April each year.
- During the summer period (May-July), only students selected by the Indian Academy of Sciences or NIUS (National Initiative for Undergraduate Studies) will be considered.
- Applicants need to contact ARIES Scientists or Engineers in their field of interest(s) before filling out the application and get consent before filling out the application form at the portal. Applicants must upload the consent letter (snapshot jpg or pdf file) while completing the application. Without the consent letter, the application will not be considered.
- Each faculty can supervise a maximum of two master thesis students per year.
- Due to limited hostel space, an applicant may have to find accommodation for him/her in nearby places e.g., Haldwani/Nainital. However, transport facilities, office sitting spaces, and canteen facilities at subsidized rates will be provided to selected students.
- At a time, no more than TWO project students can be taken by any ARIES faculty.
- Please note that the online application will not proceed further if the project's start date is beyond two months from the application's submission date.
- Applications are examined by the ARIES academic committee once a month. The applications submitted by the 15th of every month are evaluated in the third week (16th to 20th of the month), and results are communicated to the applicants by the fourth week of the month.
- All applications are accepted only through ONLINE mode. Click the "Apply Now" button below to submit the application form.