Visiting Student Program
General Guidelines for Project students
- Students who belong to Colleges/Institutions/Universities may be allowed to do hands-on research or engineering projects/internship with the ARIES faculty (Scientists/Engineers).
- Short-term summer projects (1-3 months) with the ARIES scientists and engineers are encouraged.
- External PhD students who have one of their guides/collaborators at ARIES is also allowed for short term visits (up to 3 months) every year.
- Masters students who want to do Master’s thesis for 4-10 months can be considered for the thesis project.
- Students selected by the Indian Academy of Sciences during the summer period will be preferred over other students as they are already reviewed by the Academy and get a very good fellowship to meet their expenses.
- Applicant need to contact ARIES Scientists or Engineers of their field of interest(s) before filling the application and get the consent. After receiving the consent from the potential supervisor, applicant needs to upload the consent (snapshot jpg or pdf file) while filling the application. Without the consent letter, application will not be considered.
- Please note that online application will not proceed further if start date of the project is beyond 2 months from the date of submission of application.
- Due to limited hostel space, ARIES would not be able to provide accommodation to project students and applicant will have to find accommodation for him/her in nearby places e.g. Haldwani/Nainital. However, transport facility, office sitting space and canteen facility in subsidised rate will be provided to selected students.
- At a time, no more than TWO project students can be taken by any ARIES faculty.
- All applications are accepted through ONLINE mode only. Kindly click on below "Apply Now" button to submit the application form.