Visiting Student Program
General Guidelines for Project students
- Students who belong to Colleges/Institutions/Universities may be allowed to do hands-on research or engineering projects/internship with the ARIES faculty.
- External PhD students who have one of their guides/collaborators at ARIES can be allowed for short term visits (up to 3 months) and long term visits (up to 10 months) every year. Free accommodation may be provided subject to availability.
- Masters students who want to do Master’s thesis for 4-10 months can be considered for the thesis project.
- Short-term summer projects with the ARIES scientists and engineers are encouraged.
- Students selected by the Indian Academy of Sciences during the summer period will be preferred over other students as they are already reviewed by the Academy and get a very good fellowship to meet their expenses.
- Due to limited number of hostel rooms available at ARIES, it is very difficult to allocate accommodation to each selected students and it depends upon the availability of hostel spaces at that particular time.
- In case, accommodation cannot be provided to successful applicants by ARIES, they have to find their own accommodation within Haldwani or Nainital. ARIES can provide free transport facility to these students and offers canteen facility at a very nominal rate.
- At a time, no more than 2 students can be taken by any faculty.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact ARIES Scientists or Engineers of their field of interests before filling their applications. If they get consent from any Scientist or Engineer as their mentor, they are suggested to give potential supervisor's name and upload their consent while filling the application.
- All applications are accepted through ONLINE mode only. Kindly click on below "Apply Now" button to submit the application form.