PhD Admissions in ARIES, 2021
Students with M.Sc Physics are invited to apply for Junior Fellowship programme of ARIES leading to PhD. Students admitted to the Ph.D. programme are initially offered a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The JRF joins the PhD programme after successful completion of the course work. On completion of two years as a Junior Research Fellow, a student is offered a Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) after an assessment. The total tenure of the fellowship may not ordinarily exceed five years, inclusive of the course work. Once a student submits the thesis within five years, an enhanced fellowship amount may be given for a further period of one year. Shortlisted candidates names will be posted on ARIES website. The interview will be conducted through video conferencing.
Fellowship: Rs 31000/- per month (JRF); Rs 35000/- per month (SRF).
Minimum qualification for PhD interviews at ARIES:
- M. Sc. Physics with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST. Post graduation degree should be from an UGC recognized college/University.
- The candidate should have passed M. Sc. on or after 2019. Students who are appearing in M. Sc. final year exam can appear before the interview, but, if selected have to furnish the proof of M. Sc. qualification at the time of joining.
- Age limit: 28 years as on July 1, 2021 (date of birth on or after July 1, 1993). Upper age limit for reserved categories may be relaxed as per the UGC rules.
- Applicants should have CSIR/UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics/Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Science (2019/20) -OR- GATE - 2020/GATE -2021 qualified in Physics/Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences -OR- having INSPIRE fellowship.
- All the applications will be further screened by taking into account marks/ranks in GATE/CSIR,UGC-NET and M.Sc. and other guidelines decided by ARIES. Fulfilling minimum qualification does not guarantee a call for the interview.
- Candidates with external fellowships (CSIR-JRF, DST Inspire) may be given preference.
Online application is mandatory for the PhD applicants. Online application portal will become online after 1200 Hrs on 11 June, 2021. Deadline for application is 1200 Hrs on 30 June, 2021.
|Online Application Opening Date||1200 Hrs, 11/06/2021|
|Online Application Closing Date||1200 Hrs, 30/06/2021|
|List of candidates called for online interview||06/07/2021|
|Last date to confirm online interview||09/07/2021|
|Online Interview Dates (tentative)||Mid of July, 2021|
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
Nainital -263 002
E-mail: indra [at] aries [dot] res [dot] in