Senior Project Associate
Advt. for Senior Project Associate
Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational sciencES (ARIES) invites Online-application for the post of Senior Project Associate.
Aditya-L1 mission is India's first dedicated spacecraft mission to study the Sun. It will enable a comprehensive understanding of the dynamical processes of the Sun and address some of the outstanding problems in solar physics and heliophysics. As a joint effort of ISRO and ARIES, the Aditya-L1 Science Support Cell (AL1SSC) has been set up in ARIES to act as a community service centre for the guest observers in preparing science observing proposals and analyzing science data. This support cell provides tools and documentation required to understand, download and analyse the data.
Objectives of the position
Under the supervision of PI and Co-PI of AL1SSC, Senior Project Associate will
- Lead, develop, and implement novel data analysis tools including algorithmic development and Artificial Intelligence/ Machine learning tools, their implementation and testing on the synthetic and real data.
- Work synergistically with computer and software team of ARIES for the development and implementation of web applications and tools on the AL1SSC webpage.
- Participate in the fundamental research on the initiation and propagation of coronal mass ejections and other coronal transients including coronal jets and MHD waves.
- Support AL1SSC team activities including science team meetings, delivering talks and training manpower in the conferences organised by AL1SSC and other science operations of AL1SSC.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Doctoral Degree in Science/Engineering/Technology from a recognised university or equivalent. Degree should be awarded to the candidate.
- Master’s degree in Natural Sciences or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognised University or equivalent and four years’ experience in research and development in Industrial and Academic institutions or Science and Technology organisations and scientific activities and services. Degree should be awarded to the candidate.
- Desirable : Experience in the Solar physics, Astronomy/Astrophysics.
Experience in astronomical data analysis using Python/IDL libraries.
- Tenure : Initially for the period of One (01) year with an option to extend subject to the satisfying performance
- Monthly Emolument : Rs. 42000 + HRA.
- Upper Age Limit : 40 years
- Posting:The selected candidate will be posted at ARIES office locations (Haldwani or Manora Peak, Nainital).
- All other Terms & conditions shall be governed as per the Institute norms.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issue of the appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify, withdraw or cancel any communication made to the Applicants.
- All further amendments/corrigendum, clarifications, communication, etc. if any, related to this Advt. shall be published only at ARIES website. Candidates should regularly check at ARIES website for latest updates on this Advt.
- Mere possessing the essential qualification will not entitled any candidate a right to be considered eligible for the post.
- All educational/professional/technical qualifications should be from a recognized Board/University.
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION
- Candidates have to apply online using the link posted at the ARIES website.
- The screened candidates will be called for in-person Interview to be held on 10th August in ARIES, Nainital.
- Based on the performance in the Interview the selection of Senior Project Associate will be made.
- At the time of joining, the selected candidate has to produce all the original mark sheets, experience certificates, and other relevant documents, failing which his/her candidature shall be cancelled.