Advt. for the post of one Junior Research Fellow
Advt. for the post of one Junior Research Fellow under SERB funded project
Applications are invited for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF-one) for a two-years SERB funded project entitled: “Supermassive black holes in AGN through spectro-polarimetry at 3.6m DOT using in-country developed spectrograph and camera”
|S.No.||Position||No. of Post||Last Date||Apply Now|
|1.||Junior Research Fellow||01||23-July-2022||Apply|
Details about the project:
The project aims to develop an optical spectropolarimeter for the 3.6m Devasthal Optical Telescope (DOT), the largest telescope in India and use that spectro-polarimeter for measuring mass of supermassive black holes in Active Galactic Nuclei (AGNs). The selected candidate will participate in the installation and commissioning of the instrument, and develop a data reduction pipeline. Under the proposed work, the candidate will perform observations of Active Galaxies to estimate black hole masses from polarized flux at 3.6m DOT. The selected candidate will work on analysis and interpretation of data obtained from 3.6m DOT and other telescopes and instruments, followed by physical interpretation of the results.
- The candidate must have M.Sc./MS/Integrated M.Sc in Physics/Astronomy or MCA/M.Tech/M.E. in computer application or equivalent.
- Candidates should have NET (JRF) or GATE (physics) qualification.
Preference will be given to candidates having relevant experience of data reduction in optical photometry and spectroscopy and with good knowledge of programming (Python/IRAF) as required for this specific project.
Rs.31,000 + HRA as per norms (if hostel accommodation is not provided).
From date of joining to Jan 2024.
How to Apply
- Candidates have to apply online using the link posted at the ARIES website by 23th July.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be intimated for interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Based on the performance in the Interview the selection of Junior Research Fellow will be made.
- At the time of joining, the selected candidate has to produce all the original mark sheets, experience certificates, and other relevant documents, failing which his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
Dr. Suvendu Rakshit (Principal Investigator)