Application for Integrated M.Tech./Ph.D. (Tech.) at ARIES 
Integrated M.Tech-Ph.D (Tech.) Programme
We have initiated the Integrated M.Tech. - Ph.D. (Tech.) programme in Astronomical Instrumentation in collaboration with the Department of Applied Optics and Photonics, University of Calcutta (CU) at ARIES. The degree will be awarded by the University of Calcutta. The duration of M.Tech. coursework will be of 2 years divided into 4 semesters. After successful completion of the M.Tech. course, a student can opt for registration in Ph.D. (Tech.) programme, subjected to a selection procedure and minimum cut-off grade.
Application process for admission in the integrated M.Tech. - Ph.D. programme (2023)
Selection to this programme will be through an in-person interview at ARIES, Nainital.
- M.Sc./BE/B.Tech. with a minimum 55% marks for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST. Post graduation degree should be from a UGC recognized college/University.
- The candidate should have passed M.Sc/BE/B.Tech. on or after 2021. Students who are appearing in M.Sc./BE/B.Tech. final year exam can appear before the interview, but, if selected have to furnish proof of M.Sc./BE/B.Tech qualification at the time of joining.
- Age limit: 28 years as on July 1, 2023 (date of birth on or after July 1, 1995). The upper age limit for reserved categories may be relaxed per the UGC rules.
- Applicants should have CSIR/UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics / Electronic Science / Applied Mathematics / Applied Physics (2021/22) - OR - GATE - 2022/GATE - 2023 qualified.
- All the applications will be further screened by taking into account marks/ranks in GATE/CSIR, UGC-NET and BE/B.Tech./M.Sc. and other guidelines decided by ARIES. Fulfilling minimum qualifications does not guarantee a call for an interview.
Online application is mandatory for the applicants.
- Online Application (Opened on 19th April, 2023)
- Deadline for online application submission: 1200 Hrs,19th May, 2023.(extended 31 May, 2023)
- Declaration of the list of screened applicants: 1200 Hrs, 31th May, 2023
- Date of interview (tentative): 10-12 July, 2023 IN-PERSON at ARIES, Nainital
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
Nainital -263 002
E-mail: indra [at] aries [dot] res [dot] in