Santosh Joshi - Works
Important Works and Awards
- Successful completion of the three International Bilateral project as a Principle Investigator.
- Successful organization of the first Belgo-Indian Network on Astronomy and Astrophysics(BINA) workshop at ARIES Nainital from 15 to 18 November 2016.
- Discovery of the milli-magnitude pulsations in eight chemically peculiar stars.
- Discovery of thousands of new variable stars using Kepler archival data.
- Discovery of the first giant double radio relic PLCKG287.0+32.9 in a Galaxy Cluster.
- Discovery of the largest, unusual, highly asymmetric radio galaxy jet.
- Successful commissioning of the Fast Photometric System for 1.04-m and 1.3-m telescopes at ARIES.
Grant and Awards
- University of Texas awarded a grant to deliver a talk at Department of Physics, University of Texas at Arlington.
- The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) awarded a grant to attend an inter- national workshop on Advances in Variable Star Research" under the Indo-US Joint R & D Network Center on Analysis of Variable Star Data/23-JC-2012" held at Texas A & M Univer- sity, Houston, USA from 15 to 19 June 2015.
- The organizing committee of IAU-307 awarded a grant to participate in an international work- shop on New Windows on Massive Stars, Asteroseismology, Interferometry and Spectropo- larimetry at Geneva, Switzerland from 23 to 27 June 2014.
- DST awarded grant to attend a workshop on Impact of new instrumentation and new insights in stellar pulsation" held at Granada Spain from 5 to 9 September 2012.
- DST and CSIR jointly awarded grant to attend a workshop on ViennaWorkshop on the Future of Asteroseismology" from 20 to 22 September 2006 at University of Vienna, Austria.
- External examiner to review the master thesis entitled Determination of the Membership of Kepler Open Cluster NGC5819" submitted by Esther Komucyeya to the Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda.
- External examiner to review the PhD thesis entitled Solar and Solar-Like Oscillations" submitted by O.P Abedigamba to North West University, Mafikeng, South Africa.
- External examiner to review the CSIR project No. 03/7367/NS/17/EMQ entitled Variable Stars as Astrophysical Laboratorie" submitted by Dr. Sukanta Dev of Cotton College State University Assam for seeking grant from CSIR, Human Resource Development group.
- External examiner to review the master thesis entitled Age of Single Rotating Stars in the Kepler Open Cluster NGC6811" submitted by Mr. Trust Otto to the Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda.
- External examiner to review the PhD thesis entitled Determination of Orbital Parameters of Kepler Binary stars using time-delay method" submitted by Getinet F. Ayane to North West University, Mafikeng, South Africa.
- Member of the DOT Committe for Operation and Maintenance (DCOM) for the 3.6-m telescope at Devasthal.
- Member of local organizing committee (LOC) and scientific organizing committee (SOC) of the first BINA workshop held at Nainital from 15-18 November 2016.
- Member of the selection committee for the interview of junior research fellow (JRF) under Indo-South African project held at ARIES on 27 March 2015.
- Scientific judge in the district label science exhibition held at G. I. C. Nainital on 03 November 2014.
- Member of the selection committee for the interview of JRF under Indo-Russian project held at ARIES on 21 November 2013.
- External examiner for the physics practical of B. Sc. first year students at D. S. B. Campus, Kumaun University, Nainital from 20 to 26 March 2014.
- Member of the project working group for development of the Observatory Control System (OCS) for the 3.6-m optical telescope at Devasthal.
- Member of the science operation team for the 1.3-m telescope at Devasthal.
- Member of the committee to prepare the documents for the 3.6-m optical telescope.
- Member to identify the science programme for the 3.6-m telescope at Devasthal.
- Member of the time allocation committee to allocate the observing time for the telescopes at