Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational SciencES (ARIES) is a premier research institute in advanced research. ARIES conduct PHD program in Astronomy & Astrophysics and Atmospheric Sciences. The Research Scholar undergoes intensive course work during the first year. For detail of course work visit at . On successful completion of the course work, student will be registered for Ph.D degree in one the university having MoU with ARIES for granting PhD. degree, under the supervision of ARIES faculty, with their matching research interest. Student are paid a scholarship of Rs. 25,000 /- per month for first two year and Rs. 28,000 /- thereafter for next three years, subject to satisfactory progress. In addition, they are paid a book grant of Rs. 10, 000 /– per annum for five years. Student are also provided campus hostel accommodation for a period of five years. ARIES also encourage and support the visits of students for observing program of their research, along with participation in national and international conferences.
PhD Admissions, 2016
Criteria for qualification of PhD interviews at ARIES:
- M. Sc. Physics/Astrophysics with minimum 55% for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST
- JEST-2016 qualified or CSIR-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics (June 2015, December 2015, June 2014, December 2014) or
GATE - 2016 or GATE -2015 qualified in Physics.
- The candidate should pass M. Sc. on or after 2014
- Maximum age on August 1, 2016 should not be more than 28 years.
- Students who are appearing in M. Sc. final year exam can appear before the interview, but,
if selected have to furnish the proof of M. Sc. qualification (with minimum marks 55% for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST)
before joining as JRF at ARIES.
Online application is mandatory for the PhD applicants